Support for your organisation
Faith Group Support
Faith groups are a vital, vibrant and essential part of Wolverhampton’s voluntary and community sector and WVCA is keen to build relationships with, provide support to the 260+ faith organisations in the city, raise the profile of the work they do and support them to play an increasingly joined-up role in the support they offer to local people.
Support available to Faith Groups in Wolverhampton
Support available to faith-based organisations
Faith groups can receive free of charge support, guidance and opportunities:
- All / any of WVCA’s core support offer to voluntary and community organisations in the city including:
- enhancing governance arrangements;
- seeking and securing funding;
- developing policies and procedures;
- finance management;
- marketing and promotion;
- starting up / registering new projects,
- companies, CICs or charities;
- outcomes and business planning;
- commissioning and procurement;
- collaborating with others to apply for, and deliver collaborative services;
- regular fortnightly information updates; and the opportunity to represent the voluntary and community sector on strategic partnerships.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Specific faith group focused support to review and enhance safeguarding policies and procedures
- Support to access FREE safeguarding training (online basic awareness raising, introductory safeguarding training, Training for safeguarding leads , NSPCC Safeguarding lead role description and multi-agency safeguarding training)
- Support for Named Safeguarding Leads in faith groups
- Access to Wolverhampton’s Safeguarding in Faith Network events
- A place on the Wolverhampton Faith Map
- Support to get registered with Wolverhampton Information Network (WIN) – Get your organisation on the internet and advertise the wonderful work and services you offer for FREE of charge through wolverhampton.gov.uk/win
- Children’s Tool Kits, Screening Tools and Resources – Wolverhampton Safeguarding Together
- Adults Tool Kits, Screening Tools and Resources
- Voluntary, Community and Faith Organisations – SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE IS EVERYONE’S BUSINESS!!
- Before sending your child for religious studies; what questions parents need to ask your faith organisation to make sure they have safeguarding in place. Parents checklist)
Safeguarding Policy Checklist
- Safeguarding checklist (developed by WVSC)
- Health & Safety policy templates
- Health & safety policy template
Information last updated: 11-09-23
DBS checks are an important part of the Safer Recruitment processes that all organisations need to have in place to prevent people who are unsuitable to work with children / young people and adults with care and support needs from doing so.
In order to get DBS checks done you will need to register with a DBS Umbrella Body. This is free to do. You can choose an Umbrella Body from this list, or check out one that at least one local group has recommended see below:
Disclosures DBS –provided by a company called Atlantic Data
They have a fully online system for carrying out DBS checks
Admin fees are currently between £5+VAT and £7 +VAT
This is a fully online system.
Admin fee for each check is £10 +VAT = £12
Fully online system
Admin fee currently £12
You will then need to complete a form that outlines the different roles carried out by volunteers or employees in your organisation so that a judgement can be made about which level of check you are legally allowed (eligible) to request for each role.
The cost of a DBS check is made up of two parts:
- The admin fee – charged by the Umbrella Body that an organisation gets DBS check through – you will need to check this with any Umbrella Body
- A fee set by the DBS for the various levels of DBS check
- VOLUNTEERS – No fee from DBS for Standard, or Enhanced checks
- PAID STAFF – Different charges for standard (£18), Enhanced (£38)
- There is no additional charge for Barred List checks for either volunteers or paid staff
- Basic DBS checks cost £18 for both volunteers and paid staff
See DBS Checks – WVCA’s quick guide for voluntary, community and faith organisations for full details
✉️ For more support with DBS, get in touch with us!
Our fortnightly newsletter is packed with news on funding opportunities, jobs, events and more!